Agriculture Drives Alabama’s Economy
- Alabama crops contribute $5.7 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and cotton.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Alabama’s Agricultural Sector
“We buy crop insurance because the cost of production is so high you would have to be crazy to not purchase crop insurance every year.” – Bill Bridgeforth, Tanner, Alabama
- In 2017, farmers purchased 6,823 crop insurance policies to cover 1.4 million acres providing $566.6 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $23.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $36.7 million in 2017 to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Alabama Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services