Agriculture Drives Alabama’s Economy
- Alabama crops contribute $5.9 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include cotton, corn, and soybeans.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Alabama’s Agricultural Sector
“We buy crop insurance because the cost of production is so high you would have to be crazy to not purchase crop insurance every year.” – Bill Bridgeforth, Tanner, Alabama
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 1.4 million acres providing $747 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $29.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $45.9 million to cover crop losses in 2021.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $32.4 million in liability to protect Alabama crops in 2021.
Download the Alabama State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Alabama Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services