Agriculture Drives California’s Economy
- California crops contribute $45.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include grapes, almonds, and lettuce.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to California’s Agricultural Sector
“Farming is a very expensive operation compared to what it was when I first started farming. We’re looking at costs 10 times what they were 50 years ago, and so the protection we get from crop insurance is very important.” Stanley Wilson, Shafter, California
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 14 million acres providing $11.5 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $268.7 million for this protection.
- Crop insurers paid $1.4 billion in crop loses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $27.8 million in liability to protect California crops in 2022.
Download the California State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in California Include:
AgriSomp North America
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Global Ag Insurance Services
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services