Agriculture Drives Colorado’s Economy
- Colorado crops contribute $7.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, wheat, and potatoes.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Colorado’s Agricultural Sector
“If we didn’t have crop insurance we would be in a world of hurt. Not only do we depend on that to pay for our expenses, but we have seven other employees that work for us.” Brad Rock, Wray, Colorado
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 8.6 million acres providing $1.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $70 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $95.5 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $137.2 million in liability to protect Colorado crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Colorado Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services