Agriculture Drives Colorado’s Economy
- Colorado crops contribute $7.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, wheat, and potatoes.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Colorado’s Agricultural Sector
“If we didn’t have crop insurance we would be in a world of hurt. Not only do we depend on that to pay for our expenses, but we have seven other employees that work for us.” Brad Rock, Wray, Colorado
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 15.2 million acres providing $1.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $120.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $495.2 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $142.7 million in liability to protect Colorado crops in 2022.
Download the Colorado State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Colorado Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services