Agriculture Drives Colorado’s Economy
- Colorado crops contribute $7.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, hay, wheat, and potatoes.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Colorado’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 15,095 crop insurance policies to cover 6.9 million acres providing $1.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $69.7 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $107.4 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Colorado Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services