Agriculture Drives Connecticut’s Economy
- Connecticut crops contribute $580.1 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, maple syrup, and apples.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Connecticut’s Agricultural Sector
“Farmers need access to crop insurance to stay in business, it’s as simple as that.” – Tom March, Bethlehem, Connecticut
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 18,554 acres providing $46 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $2.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $3.4 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
Download the Connecticut State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Connecticut Include:
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services