Agriculture Drives Hawaii’s Economy
- Hawaii crops contribute $667 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include coffee, sugar cane, macadamia nuts, and papayas.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Hawaii’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 158 crop insurance policies to cover 28,544 acres providing $133 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $410,706 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $920,327 to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Hawaii Include:
CGB Diversified Services
Rural Community Insurance Services