Agriculture Drives Idaho’s Economy
- Idaho crops contribute $7.6 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include potatoes, wheat, and barley.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Idaho’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance is never going to make you money, but it can keep you from losing your shirt.” – Craig Corbett, Soda Springs, Idaho
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 3.8 million acres providing $1.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $31.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $40.1 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $659.2 million in liability to protect Idaho crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Idaho Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services