Agriculture Drives Iowa’s Economy
- Iowa crops contribute $29 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and oats.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Iowa’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance and commodity title programs are particularly important to family farmers who earn a majority of their household income from the farm. Without crop insurance and commodity title payments, the financial wherewithal of these farms would likely face serious erosion in the current environment.” – Bruce Rohwer, Paullina, Iowa
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 22 million acres providing $14.9 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $460 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $111.3 million to cover crop losses in 2021.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $5.5 billion in liability to protect Iowa crops in 2021.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Iowa Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
COUNTRY Mutual Insurance
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services