Agriculture Drives Kentucky’s Economy
- Kentucky crops contribute $5.7 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, and tobacco.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Kentucky’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance is a total protection plan for our food supply. If you lose your farmers, you lose your food. It’s that simple.” Jeff Coke, Calhoun, Kentucky
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 3.5 million acres providing $1.9 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $72.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $64.6 million to cover crop losses in 2021.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $133.2 million in liability to protect Kentucky crops in 2021.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Kentucky Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services