Agriculture Drives Mississippi’s Economy
- Mississippi crops contribute $6.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, cotton, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Mississippi’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance, for me, not only proved to be essential, it’s the reason I’m in business today.” – Michael Pillow, Yazoo City, Mississippi
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 3.8 million acres providing $1.5 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $40.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $147.6 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $72.9 million in liability to protect Mississippi crops in 2020.
Download the Mississippi State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Mississippi Include:
AgriSompo North America
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services