Agriculture Drives Mississippi’s Economy
- Mississippi crops contribute $6.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, cotton, corn, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Mississippi’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance, for me, not only proved to be essential, it’s the reason I’m in business today.” – Michael Pillow, Yazoo City, Mississippi
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 3.7 million acres providing $1.4 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $36.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $82.2 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $80.3 million in liability to protect Mississippi crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Mississippi Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Great American Insurance Company
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services