Agriculture Drives Montana’s Economy
- Montana crops contribute $3.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include wheat, hay, barley, and lentils.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Montana’s Agricultural Sector
“Mother nature is always in the background saying ‘hey, we are going to dry out here next week’…so we just really need to have crop insurance to cover our expenses if we do have a major wipe out here with hail or a drought. And we’ve had that.” Jeff Volf, Judith Gap, Montana
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 10.5 million acres providing $1.1 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $64.1 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $109.1 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $652.1 million in liability to protect Montana crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Montana Include:
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services