Agriculture Drives Montana’s Economy
- Montana crops contribute $3.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include wheat, hay, barley, and lentils.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Montana’s Agricultural Sector
“If we didn’t have federal crop insurance, some farmers would have failed and many others would have suffered crippling losses like in the 30s. The federal government stepped in because they realized that if we couldn’t keep people on the farms, we couldn’t feed the nation. This is about national security.” – Bing Von Bergen, Moccasin, Montana
- In 2017, farmers purchased 14,310 crop insurance policies to cover 9 million acres providing $1.1 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $61.1 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $236.2 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Montana Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services