Agriculture Drives Montana’s Economy
- Montana crops contribute $3.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include wheat, hay, barley, and lentils.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Montana’s Agricultural Sector
“If we didn’t have federal crop insurance, some farmers would have failed and many others would have suffered crippling losses like in the 30s. The federal government stepped in because they realized that if we couldn’t keep people on the farms, we couldn’t feed the nation. This is about national security.” – Bing Von Bergen, Moccasin, Montana
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 10.2 million acres providing $1.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $67.7 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $110.9 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $614 million in liability to protect Montana crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Montana Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services