Agriculture Drives New Mexico’s Economy
- New Mexico crops contribute $2.6 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, pecans, and chili peppers.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New Mexico’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 17.1 million acres providing $409.2 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $30.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $119 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $31 million in liability to protect New Mexico crops in 2020.
Download the New Mexico State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New Mexico Include:
AgriSomp North America
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Global Ag Insurance Services
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services