Agriculture Drives Oregon’s Economy
- Oregon crops contribute $5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include wheat, potatoes, and hops.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Oregon’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 15.3 million acres providing $1.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $57.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $150.6 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $421 million in liability to protect Oregon crops in 2022.
Download the Oregon State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Oregon Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Ins. Co. of Iowa
Global Ag Insurance Services
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services