Agriculture Drives Oregon’s Economy
- Oregon crops contribute $5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include wheat, potatoes, and hops.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Oregon’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 6.3 million acres providing $847.1 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $25.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $38 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $247.2 million in liability to protect Oregon crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Oregon Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Ins. Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance