Agriculture Drives Tennessee’s Economy
- Tennessee crops contribute $3.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, hay, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Tennessee’s Agricultural Sector
“Without crop insurance as a risk management tool, a disaster as we had in 2012 would not be survivable to many family operations.” – Trent Patterson, Lake City, Tennessee
- In 2017, farmers purchased 11,328 crop insurance policies to cover 2.8 million acres providing $990.3 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $34.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $38.8 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Tennessee Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services