Agriculture Drives Tennessee’s Economy
- Tennessee crops contribute $3.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, and cotton.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Tennessee’s Agricultural Sector
“Without crop insurance as a risk management tool, a disaster as we had in 2012 would not be survivable to many family operations.” – Trent Patterson, Lake City, Tennessee
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 2.9 million acres providing $1 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $28.2 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $59 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $58.5 million in liability to protect Tennessee crops in 2020.
Download the Tennessee State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Tennessee Include:
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services