Agriculture Drives Tennessee’s Economy
- Tennessee crops contribute $3.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, and cotton.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Tennessee’s Agricultural Sector
“Without crop insurance as a risk management tool, a disaster as we had in 2012 would not be survivable to many family operations.” – Trent Patterson, Lake City, Tennessee
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 2.9 million acres providing $1 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $30.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $58.1 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $58.5 million in liability to protect Tennessee crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Tennessee Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services