Agriculture Drives Texas’ Economy
- Texas crops contribute $24.9 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include cotton, corn, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Texas’ Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance is so vital to this state; so vital to every crop. Whether it be corn, wheat, or cotton, all of the crops come very much into play when it comes to crop insurance.” – Russell Boening, president, Texas Farm Bureau
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 52.2 million acres providing $8.7 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $695.7 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $4.1 billion to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $631.2 million in liability to protect Texas crops in 2022.
Download the Texas State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Texas Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Global Ag Insurance Services
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services