Agriculture Drives Utah’s Economy
- Utah crops contribute $1.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, wheat, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Utah’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 21.8 million acres providing $202.7 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $19.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $69.1 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $4.3 million in liability to protect Utah crops in 2022.
Download the Utah State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Utah Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services