Agriculture Drives Utah’s Economy
- Utah crops contribute $1.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, wheat, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Utah’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 12.9 million acres providing $124.6 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $11.2 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $52.5 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $2.5 million in liability to protect Utah crops in 2020.
Download the Utah State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Utah Include:
AgriSompo North America
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services