Agriculture Drives Virginia’s Economy
- Virginia crops contribute $3.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, hay, and apples.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Virginia’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 6,578 crop insurance policies to cover 1.2 million acres providing $533.8 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $22.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $28.7 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Virginia Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services