Agriculture Drives Virginia’s Economy
- Virginia crops contribute $4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, and tobacco.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Virginia’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 1.2 million acres providing $555.7 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $22.2 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $54.7 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $34.8 million in liability to protect Virginia crops in 2020.
Download the Virginia State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Virginia Include:
AgriSompo North America
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services