Agriculture Drives Washington’s Economy
- Washington crops contribute $10.3 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include apples, wheat, potatoes, and cherries.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Washington’s Agricultural Sector
“As is the case with other insurance policies, we purchase crop insurance in the hope that we never have to use it. And, when disaster strikes, we use the policy to pay our bills. It isn’t close to what we would collect from a healthy crop, but it allows us to keep farming.” — Nicole Berg of Berg Farms, Paterson, Washington
- In 2017, farmers purchased 12,322 crop insurance policies to cover 3.2 million acres providing $3.3 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $79.6 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $92.6 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Washington Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services