Agriculture Drives Alaska’s Economy
- Alaska crops contribute $70.5 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, potatoes, and barley.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Alaska’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 5,800 acres and provided $889,037 in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $21,434 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $14,310 in to cover crop losses in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Alaska Include:
Rural Community Insurance Services