Agriculture Drives Alaska’s Economy
- Alaska crops contribute $70.5 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, potatoes, and barley.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Alaska’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 4,464 acres and provided $714,206 in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $45,528 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $259,607 in to cover crop losses in 2022.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Alaska Include:
Rural Community Insurance Services