Agriculture Drives Alaska’s Economy
- Alaska crops contribute $70.5 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, potatoes, and barley.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Alaska’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 6,800 acres and provided $793,100 in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $15,500 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $96,700 in to cover crop losses in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Alaska Include:
Crop Risk Services
Rural Community Insurance Services