Agriculture Drives Alaska’s Economy
- Alaska crops contribute $48 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, mushrooms, and barley.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Alaska’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased six crop insurance policies to cover 6,448 acres providing $634,843 in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $15,230 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $13,953 to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Alaska Include:
Crop Risk Services
Rural Community Insurance Services