Agriculture Drives Connecticut’s Economy
- Connecticut crops contribute $533 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include apples, peaches, and vegetables.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Connecticut’s Agricultural Sector
“Farmers need access to crop insurance to stay in business, it’s as simple as that.” – Tom March, Bethlehem, Connecticut
- In 2017, farmers purchased 211 crop insurance policies to cover 17,972 acres providing $30.5 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $2 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $2.4 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Connecticut Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
Crop Risk Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services