Agriculture Drives Delaware’s Economy
- Delaware crops contribute $1.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, sweetcorn, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Delaware’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance is a valuable risk management tool farmers use in their business. Farmers rely on crop insurance to recuperate in years when severe weather or high production costs lead to big losses. They’re not making money but it helps them with losses so they can go that one more year.” – Kitty Holtz, Clayton, Delaware
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 319,900 acres providing $114.2 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $3.5 million for the insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $7.7 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $6.8 million in liability to protect Delaware crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Delaware Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services