Agriculture Drives Delaware’s Economy
- Delaware crops contribute $1.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and sweetcorn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Delaware’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance is a valuable risk management tool farmers use in their business. Farmers rely on crop insurance to recuperate in years when severe weather or high production costs lead to big losses. They’re not making money but it helps them with losses so they can go that one more year.” – Kitty Holtz, Clayton, Delaware
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 319,054 acres providing $191 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $6.1 million for the insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $5.8 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $10.8 million in liability to protect Delaware crops in 2022.
Download the Delaware State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Delaware Include:
AgriSompo North America
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services