Agriculture Drives Florida’s Economy
- Florida crops contribute $8.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include oranges, sugar cane, strawberries, and tomatoes.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Florida’s Agricultural Sector
“This is a tool, a necessary tool. You can’t absorb this kind of loss; you need to have a tool in place to transfer some of the risk to a private company.– Jimmy Miller, Interlachen, Florida
- In 2017, farmers purchased 7,738 crop insurance policies to cover 1.9 million acres and provide $2.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $40.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $88.9 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Florida Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services