Agriculture Drives Florida’s Economy
- Florida crops contribute $7.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include oranges, grapefruit, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Florida’s Agricultural Sector
“This is a tool, a necessary tool. You can’t absorb this kind of loss; you need to have a tool in place to transfer some of the risk to a private company.– Jimmy Miller, Interlachen, Florida
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 2.2 million acres providing $2.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $43.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $339.1 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $9.6 million in liability to protect Florida crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Florida Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services