Agriculture Drives Florida’s Economy
- Florida crops contribute $7.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include oranges, grapefruit, and cucumbers.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Florida’s Agricultural Sector
“This is a tool, a necessary tool. You can’t absorb this kind of loss; you need to have a tool in place to transfer some of the risk to a private company.– Jimmy Miller, Interlachen, Florida
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 2.8 million acres providing $4.9 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $97.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $135.3 million to cover crop losses in 2021.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $11.4 million in liability to protect Florida crops in 2021.
Download the Florida State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Florida Include:
AgriSompo North America
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services