Agriculture Drives Georgia’s Economy
- Georgia crops contribute $9.3 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include cotton, peanuts, pecans, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Georgia’s Agricultural Sector
“We buy crop insurance every year. You are not going to make any money, but it will prevent you from losing the farm.” – Andy Bell, Climax, Georgia
- In 2017, farmers purchased 14,771 crop insurance policies to cover 2.7 million acres providing $1.5 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $59 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $145 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Georgia Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services