Agriculture Drives Georgia’s Economy
- Georgia crops contribute $9.6 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include cotton, peanuts, and sweetcorn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Georgia’s Agricultural Sector
“We buy crop insurance every year. You are not going to make any money, but it will prevent you from losing the farm.” – Andy Bell, Climax, Georgia
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 2.8 million acres providing $2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $85.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $144.7 million to cover crop losses in 2021.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $130 million in liability to protect Georgia crops in 2021.
Download the Georgia State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Georgia Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services