Agriculture Drives Illinois’ Economy
- Illinois crops contribute $16.3 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, wheat, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Illinois’ Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance allows me to wisely invest in my future, as well as the future of my community and local economy.” – Andrew Bowman, Oneida, Illinois
- In 2017, farmers purchased 118,740 crop insurance policies to cover 19.3 million acres providing $10.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $302.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $174.9 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Illinois Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
COUNTRY® Mutual Insurance Company
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services