Agriculture Drives Illinois’ Economy
- Illinois crops contribute $17 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Illinois’ Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance allows me to wisely invest in my future, as well as the future of my community and local economy.” – Andrew Bowman, Oneida, Illinois
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 19.7 million acres providing $11 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $271 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $173.4 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $8.9 billion in liability to protect Illinois crops in 2020.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Illinois Include:
AgriSompo North America
COUNTRY® Mutual Insurance Company
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services