Agriculture Drives Indiana’s Economy
- Indiana crops contribute $11.1 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Indiana’s Agricultural Sector
“Statistics already show us that farming is a hard life with fewer and fewer people willing to try it. Now is not the time to make starting a farm even more difficult by destroying the viability and affordability of crop insurance.” — Joe Kessie, senior vice president and commercial south regional manager, Lake City Bank, Warsaw, Indiana
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 9.7 million acres providing $5.1 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $148.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $66 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $2.6 billion in liability to protect Indiana crops in 2020.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Indiana Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
COUNTRY Mutual Insurance
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services