Agriculture Drives Indiana’s Economy
- Indiana crops contribute $10.6 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, wheat, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Indiana’s Agricultural Sector
“Statistics already show us that farming is a hard life with fewer and fewer people willing to try it. Now is not the time to make starting a farm even more difficult by destroying the viability and affordability of crop insurance.” — Joe Kessie, senior vice president and commercial south regional manager, Lake City Bank, Warsaw, Indiana
- In 2017, farmers purchased 45,062 crop insurance policies to cover 9.5 million acres providing $4.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $169.2 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $112.3 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Indiana Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services