Agriculture Drives Kansas’ Economy
- Kansas crops contribute $18.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Kansas’ Agricultural Sector
“If we don’t have crop insurance in some form, the cost of food would go up considerably.” – Keith Miller, Great Bend, Kansas
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 21.7 million acres providing $5.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $324.7 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $275.6 million to cover crop losses in 2021.
The private Crop-Hail insurance program provided an additional $1.6 billion in liability to protect Kansas crops in 2021.
Download the Kansas State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Kansas Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services