Agriculture Drives Kansas’ Economy
- Kansas crops contribute $39.9 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, wheat, and grain sorghum.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Kansas’ Agricultural Sector
“If we don’t have crop insurance in some form, the cost of food would go up considerably.” – Keith Miller, Great Bend, Kansas
- In 2017, farmers purchased 115,190 crop insurance policies to cover 19.3 million acres providing $4.4 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $234.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $283.7 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Kansas Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services