Agriculture Drives Kansas’ Economy
- Kansas crops contribute $18.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Kansas’ Agricultural Sector
“If we don’t have crop insurance in some form, the cost of food would go up considerably.” – Keith Miller, Great Bend, Kansas
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 20.7 million acres providing $4.9 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $261.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $292.1 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance program provided an additional $1.3 billion in liability to protect Kansas crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Kansas Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services