Agriculture Drives Louisiana’s Economy
- Louisiana crops contribute $3.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, rice, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Louisiana’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 2.8 million acres providing $2.4 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $48.6 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $152.3 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance program provided an additional $185.8 in liability to protect Louisiana crops in 2022.
Download the Louisiana State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Louisiana Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services