Agriculture Drives Louisiana’s Economy
- Louisiana crops contribute $3.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, rice, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Louisiana’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 2.9 million acres providing $1.1 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $26.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $121.7 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance program provided an additional $187 in liability to protect Louisiana crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Louisiana Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services