Agriculture Drives Maryland’s Economy
- Maryland crops contribute $2.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, hay, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Maryland’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 851,900 acres providing $334.5 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $10.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $20 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $4.8 million in liability to protect Maryland crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Maryland Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services