Agriculture Drives Maryland’s Economy
- Maryland crops contribute $2.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, wheat, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Maryland’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 4,250 crop insurance policies to cover 851,833 acres providing $318.2 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $11.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $4.7 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Maryland Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services