Agriculture Drives Maryland’s Economy
- Maryland crops contribute $2.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Maryland’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 842,446 acres providing $339.2 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $10.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $11.7 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $4.5 million in liability to protect Maryland crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Maryland Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services