Agriculture Drives Massachusetts’ Economy
- Massachusetts crops contribute $382 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include cranberries, apples, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Massachusetts’ Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 441 crop insurance policies to cover 25,734 acres providing $41.1 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $1.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1.9 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Massachusetts Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services