Agriculture Drives Massachusetts’ Economy
- Massachusetts crops contribute $475.1 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, corn, cranberries, and maple syrup.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Massachusetts’ Agricultural Sector
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 30,200 acres providing $41.6 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $1.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1.7 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Massachusetts Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services