Agriculture Drives Michigan’s Economy
- Michigan crops contribute $7.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, apples, and sugarbeets.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Michigan’s Agricultural Sector
“Even though crop insurance is our fourth largest annual expense, we continue to purchase it – that’s just how important it is to us. We have been fortunate not to have filed a claim in the past ten years. It’s comforting to know however that if we had needed it, we would have had the resources available to pay our bills, keep our employees on staff, and continue with this business.” – Hope Hills, Spicebush Creek Farms, Bangor, Michigan
- In 2017, farmers purchased 20,698 crop insurance policies to cover 4.2 million acres providing $1.9 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $61.1 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $81.1 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing in Crop Insurance in Michigan Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services