Agriculture Drives Minnesota’s Economy
- Minnesota crops contribute $17.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, sugarbeets, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Minnesota’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance is so important to me. We have three families directly that derive income from our farm, and if we didn’t have crop insurance, we would not be able to survive.” – Noah Hultgren, Raymond, Minnesota
- In 2017, farmers purchased 77,427 crop insurance policies to cover 17.6 million acres providing $8.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $245.6 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $141.3 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Minnesota Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services