Agriculture Drives Minnesota’s Economy
- Minnesota crops contribute $18.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Minnesota’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance is so important to me. We have three families directly that derive income from our farm, and if we didn’t have crop insurance, we would not be able to survive.” – Noah Hultgren, Raymond, Minnesota
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 17.6 million acres providing $8.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $225 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $230.4 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $2.2 billion in liability to protect Minnesota crops in 2020.
Download the Minnesota State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Minnesota Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
COUNTRY® Mutual Insurance Company
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services