Agriculture Drives Missouri’s Economy
- Missouri crops contribute $11.1 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, cotton, and rice.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Missouri’s Agricultural Sector
“For my sons-in-law who are just beginning farming, it is very important to them that they have some stability, some ability to plan, some ability to secure financing,” said Hurst. “If they don’t have a guarantee that [crop insurance] is going to be there over the next several years as they make long-term plans, it becomes difficult for them to grow, for them to expand, for them to be successful in their farming careers.” – Blake Hurst, Atchison County, MO
- In 2017, farmers purchased 51,423 crop insurance policies to cover 9.5 million acres providing $3.3 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $133.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $115.2 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Missouri Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services