Agriculture Drives Nebraska’s Economy
- Nebraska crops contribute $21.3 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, wheat, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Nebraska’s Agricultural Sector
“For us, Federal Crop Insurance is not a fountain of free money. Until , our farming operation had an 11-year crop insurance payment history that showed us paying in more in premiums than we received in indemnity payments. [In 2012], the insurance program appropriately covered a portion of our massive losses. We choose to participate and pay premiums every year to protect our operation from an event like the historic losses of 2012.” – Ben Steffan, farmer, Humboldt, Nebraska
- In 2017, farmers purchased 83,581 crop insurance policies to cover 18 million acres providing $7.3 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $231.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $161.8 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Nebraska Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services