Agriculture Drives Nevada’s Economy
- Nevada crops contribute $647 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, onions, potatoes, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Nevada’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 245 crop insurance policies to cover 4.6 million acres providing $68.3 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $4.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $3 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Nevada Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services