Agriculture Drives New Jersey’s Economy
- New Jersey crops contribute $1.1 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include tomatoes, bell peppers, and soybeans.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New Jersey’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 151,767 acres providing $85.4 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $1.7 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $4.2 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $250,200 in liability to protect New Jersey crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New Jersey Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance