Agriculture Drives New Jersey’s Economy
- New Jersey crops contribute $1.1 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include blueberries, tomatoes, apples, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New Jersey’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 978 crop insurance policies to cover 154,816 acres providing $75 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $1.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1.1 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New Jersey Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance