Agriculture Drives New Jersey’s Economy
- New Jersey crops contribute $1.1 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include tomatoes, bell peppers, and soybeans.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New Jersey’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 154,187 acres providing $96.2 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $2.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1.8million to cover crop losses in 2021.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $119,000 in liability to protect New Jersey crops in 2021.
Download the New Jersey State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New Jersey Include:
AgriSompo North America
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services