Agriculture Drives New Jersey’s Economy
- New Jersey crops contribute $1.1 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include tomatoes, hay, bell peppers, and soybeans.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New Jersey’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 153,900 acres providing $84.7 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $1.7 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $5.9 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $202,500 in liability to protect New Jersey crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New Jersey Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance