Agriculture Is Vital to New York’s Economy
- New York crops contribute $5.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and cabbage.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New York’s Agricultural Sector
“New York farmers – who, like our crops, are a diverse bunch – also appreciate the flexibility of the crop insurance program. Policies can be tailored to each farm’s crops, production methods and risk, and each farmer’s risk tolerance.” – Steve Van Voorhis, Monroe County, New York
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 1.2 million acres providing $826.1 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $170.4 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $88.7 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $3 million in liability to protect New York crops in 2022.
Download the New York State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New York Include:
AgriSompo North America
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services