Agriculture Is Vital to New York’s Economy
- New York crops contribute $5.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, corn, soybeans, and cabbage.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New York’s Agricultural Sector
“New York farmers – who, like our crops, are a diverse bunch – also appreciate the flexibility of the crop insurance program. Policies can be tailored to each farm’s crops, production methods and risk, and each farmer’s risk tolerance.” – Steve Van Voorhis, Monroe County, New York
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 1.1 million acres providing $600.7 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $19 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $22.1 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $1.6 million in liability to protect New York crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New York Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services