Agriculture Is Vital to New York’s Economy
- New York crops contribute $5.6 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include apples, corn, soybeans, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to New York’s Agricultural Sector
“New York farmers – who, like our crops, are a diverse bunch – also appreciate the flexibility of the crop insurance program. Policies can be tailored to each farm’s crops, production methods and risk, and each farmer’s risk tolerance.” – Steve Van Voorhis, Monroe County, New York
- In 2017, farmers purchased 4,469 crop insurance policies to cover 1.1 million acres providing $549 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $18.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $54.4 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in New York Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services