Agriculture Drives North Carolina’s Economy
- North Carolina crops contribute $12.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, sweet potatoes, and cotton.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to North Carolina’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop losses will occur from time to time. These losses would be devastating to private underwriting and cost prohibitive without a public/private partnership to underwrite and deliver the appropriate protection.” – Mike Quinn, Garner, North Carolina
- In 2017, farmers purchased 17,712 crop insurance policies to cover 3.4 million acres providing $2.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $68.2 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $137.5 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in North Carolina Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services