Agriculture Drives North Carolina’s Economy
- North Carolina crops contribute $12.9 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include tobacco, soybeans, corn, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to North Carolina’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop losses will occur from time to time. These losses would be devastating to private underwriting and cost prohibitive without a public/private partnership to underwrite and deliver the appropriate protection.” – Mike Quinn, Garner, North Carolina
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 3.4 million acres providing $1.8 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $68.7 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $341.7 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $156.2 million in liability to protect North Carolina’s crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in North Carolina Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services