Agriculture Is Vital to North Dakota’s Economy
- North Dakota crops contribute $8.2 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, wheat, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to North Dakota’s Agricultural Sector
“Had we not had that safety net, it might be difficult for you to walk into that supermarket and pick up that loaf of bread.” – Elvin Taylor, crop insurance agent, Rugby, North Dakota
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 23.3 million acres providing $5.4 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $277.6 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1 billion to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $1.4 billion in liability to protect North Dakota crops in 2020.
Download the North Dakota State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in North Dakota Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services