Agriculture Drives Ohio’s Economy
- Ohio crops contribute $9.3 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Ohio’s Agricultural Sector
“You literally have to lay out tens of thousands of dollars and then pray for good weather, and if all that comes together, you’ve got a bountiful harvest and you’re set for the next year. If it doesn’t come together, then hopefully you have crop insurance.” – Mathew King, Delaware County, Ohio
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 7.1 million acres providing $3.1 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $97.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $503.9 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $1.1 billion in liability to protect Ohio crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Ohio Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Precision Risk Management
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services