Agriculture Drives Ohio’s Economy
- Ohio crops contribute $9.6 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include soybeans, corn, wheat, and hay.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Ohio’s Agricultural Sector
“You literally have to lay out tens of thousands of dollars and then pray for good weather, and if all that comes together, you’ve got a bountiful harvest and you’re set for the next year. If it doesn’t come together, then hopefully you have crop insurance.” – Mathew King, Delaware County, Ohio
- In 2017, farmers purchased 42,350 crop insurance policies to cover 7 million acres providing $3.2 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $106.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $87.3 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Ohio Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services