Agriculture Drives Oklahoma’s Economy
- Oklahoma crops contribute $6.7 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include wheat, cotton, soybeans, and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Oklahoma’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance, in my mind, is the only meaningful risk management tool available to us now.” – Danny Davis, Elk City, Oklahoma
- In 2017, farmers purchased 19,895 crop insurance policies to cover 6.3 million acres providing $831.8 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $59.9 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $84.5 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Oklahoma Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services