Agriculture Drives Oklahoma’s Economy
- Oklahoma crops contribute $7.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, wheat, and cotton.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Oklahoma’s Agricultural Sector
“Crop insurance, in my mind, is the only meaningful risk management tool available to us now.” – Danny Davis, Elk City, Oklahoma
- In 2022, crop insurance protected $7.7 million acres providing $1.5 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $106.8 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $688.8 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $110.6 million in liability to protect Oklahoma crops in 2022.
Download the Oklahoma State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Oklahoma Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Ins. Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services