Agriculture Drives Pennsylvania’s Economy
- Pennsylvania crops contribute $7.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Pennsylvania’s Agricultural Sector
“I buy crop insurance to protect my assets. If I didn’t have it, I likely wouldn’t be here today.” Dave Clark, Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 1.2 million acres providing $489 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $18.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $28.5 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $10.4 million in liability to protect Pennsylvania crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Pennsylvania Include:
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services