Agriculture Drives Pennsylvania’s Economy
- Pennsylvania crops contribute $7.8 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Pennsylvania’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 1.2 million acres providing $489.5 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $18.2 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $31.2 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $9.1 million in liability to protect Pennsylvania crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Pennsylvania Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services