Agriculture Drives Rhode Island’s Economy
- Rhode Island crops contribute $71.5 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include nursery, fruits, and nuts.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Rhode Island’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 29 crop insurance policies to cover 1,097 acres providing $1.2 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $26,420 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $182,642 to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Rhode Island Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
Crop Risk Services
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services