Agriculture Drives Rhode Island’s Economy
- Rhode Island crops contribute $58 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay and corn.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Rhode Island’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2021, crop insurance protected 1,223 acres providing $1.4 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $43,000 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $172,143 to cover crop losses in 2021.
Download the Rhode Island State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Rhode Island Include:
NAU Country Insurance
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services