Agriculture Drives South Carolina’s Economy
- South Carolina crops contribute $3 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, cotton, and soybeans.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to South Carolina’s Agricultural Sector
“I have experienced three complete freezes that would have put me out of business without insurance. It wouldn’t have been just a matter of not paying my bank loans; it would have been a matter of not paying anybody. My crop insurance policy allowed me to cover at least part of my fixed expenses. It made the difference between starting over with a new crop or starting over with a new career. – Chalmers Carr, Ridge Spring, South Carolina
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 1.2 million acres providing $496.1 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $30.1 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $86.9 million to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $7.2 million in liability to protect South Carolina crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in South Carolina Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Insurance Group
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services