Agriculture Drives Vermont’s Economy
- Vermont crops contribute $781 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, corn, maple syrup, and apples.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Vermont’s Agricultural Sector
“That’s the beauty of crop insurance. It not only protects you from risks you have no control over, but the record keeping of the agent and the system helps you keep track of what you did this year and what you have done in the past.” – Mike Audit, Orwell, Vermont
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 71,000 acres providing $25.1 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $972,900 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1.2 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Vermont Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
Crop Risk Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services