Agriculture Drives Vermont’s Economy
- Vermont crops contribute $781 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, maple syrup, and apples.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Vermont’s Agricultural Sector
“That’s the beauty of crop insurance. It not only protects you from risks you have no control over, but the record keeping of the agent and the system helps you keep track of what you did this year and what you have done in the past.” – Mike Audit, Orwell, Vermont
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 86,301 acres providing $42.3 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $1.5 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $2.1 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
Download the Vermont State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Vermont Include:
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services