Agriculture Drives West Virginia’s Economy
- West Virginia crops contribute $754.3 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to West Virginia’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2022, crop insurance protected 52,224 acres providing $30 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $1.3 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1.5 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $493,600 in liability to protect West Virginia crops in 2022.
Download the West Virginia State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in West Virginia Include:
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services