Agriculture Drives West Virginia’s Economy
- West Virginia crops contribute $710 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, corn, apples, and soybeans.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to West Virginia’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2017, farmers purchased 342 crop insurance policies to cover 51,220 acres providing $19.4 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $711,105 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $464,544 to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in West Virginia Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services