Agriculture Drives West Virginia’s Economy
- West Virginia crops contribute $754.3 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to West Virginia’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2019, crop insurance protected 50,657 acres providing $19.9 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $677,000 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $618,256 to cover crop losses in 2019.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $76,650 in liability to protect West Virginia crops in 2019.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in West Virginia Include:
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services