Agriculture Drives West Virginia’s Economy
- West Virginia crops contribute $754.3 million to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to West Virginia’s Agricultural Sector
- In 2018, crop insurance protected 51,300 acres providing $19.6 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $732,000 for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $1.7 million to cover crop losses in 2018.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $118,700 in liability to protect West Virginia crops in 2018.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in West Virginia Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services