Agriculture Drives Wisconsin’s Economy
- Wisconsin crops contribute $11.4 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include corn, soybeans, and wheat.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Wisconsin’s Agricultural Sector
“My wife and I have risked our livelihood to maintain the farm for our children and grandchildren, just as my parents and grandparents did for us. Without crop insurance, we would have to quit farming.” – Darrell Crapp, farmer, Lancaster, Wisconsin
- In 2020, crop insurance protected 5.2 million acres providing $2.5 billion in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $72 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $64.4 million to cover crop losses in 2020.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $1.5 billion in liability to protect Wisconsin crops in 2020.
Download the Wisconsin State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Wisconsin Include:
AgriSompo North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
COUNTRY Mutual Insurance
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services