Agriculture Drives Wyoming’s Economy
- Wyoming crops contribute $1.7 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, barley, corn, and sugarbeets.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Wyoming’s Agricultural Sector
“The cost of farming is so high that if we don’t have some kind of backstop, like crop insurance, it would be impossible to get back on our feet after disaster strikes.” – Klodette Stroh, Powell, Wyoming
- In 2017, farmers purchased 2,081 crop insurance policies to cover 2.5 million acres providing $131.5 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $7.3 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $9.4 million to cover crop losses.
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Wyoming Include:
ARMtech Insurance Services
CGB Diversified Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services