Agriculture Drives Wyoming’s Economy
- Wyoming crops contribute $1.5 billion to the state’s economy.
- Top crops grown include hay, corn, and barley.
Crop Insurance Is Vital to Wyoming’s Agricultural Sector
“The cost of farming is so high that if we don’t have some kind of backstop, like crop insurance, it would be impossible to get back on our feet after disaster strikes.” – Klodette Stroh, Powell, Wyoming
- In 2022,crop insurance protected 14.4 million acres providing $288.9 million in liability protection.
- Farmers paid $19.6 million for this insurance coverage.
- Crop insurers paid $56.3 million to cover crop losses in 2022.
The private Crop-Hail insurance product provided an additional $19.9 million in liability to protect Wyoming crops in 2022.
Download the Wyoming State Fact Sheet
Companies Writing Crop Insurance in Wyoming Include:
AgriSomp North America
American Farm Bureau Ins. Services
Crop Risk Services
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Co. of Iowa
Great American Insurance Company
Hudson Crop Insurance Services
NAU Country Insurance Company
Rain and Hail L.L.C.
Rural Community Insurance Services